COVID-19 Health and Safety
As we prepare Camp Chewonki for summer in the time of COVID-19, we would like to share our approach to planning for a safe and healthy camp experience for our participants and staff.
- We have been learning from our experiences of successfully operating our day and boarding schools since September.
- We are benchmarking our practices against industry and public health leaders.
- We are implementing quarantine, screening, and testing requirements for all staff and participants prior to arrival.
- We will establish micro communities (as outlined in our Health & Safety Information page) to prevent transmission across our camp populations.
- We will provide opportunities for participants to have breaks from masking and physical distancing requirements within their cabin and trip groups.
- We will use daily health screenings and temperature checks, as well as surveillance and mitigation testing, to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will practice enhanced health & safety practices like masking, physical distancing, and handwashing when two or more people are in shared spaces.
- We will use enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and spaces after use to reduce risk of transmission.
- We will be asking residential staff to remain on campus throughout the duration of camp while limiting the presence of commuting staff and requiring them to follow our enhanced health & safety practices.
For additional details, information, and references, please review our COVID-19 Health & Safety Information page.