COVID-19 Health and Safety
Last Update 4/22/2021
As we prepare Camp Chewonki for summer in the time of COVID-19, we would like to share our approach to planning for a safe and healthy camp experience for our participants and staff.
- We have been learning from our experiences of successfully operating our day and boarding schools since September.
- We are benchmarking our practices against industry and public health leaders.
- We are implementing best practices pre arrival routine, screening, and testing requirements for all staff and participants prior to arrival.
- We will establish micro communities (as outlined in our Health & Safety Information page) to prevent transmission across our camp populations.
- We will provide opportunities for participants to have breaks from masking and physical distancing requirements within their cabin and trip groups.
- We will use daily health screenings and temperature checks, as well as surveillance and mitigation testing, to monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
- We will practice enhanced health & safety practices like masking, physical distancing, and handwashing when participants are not in their micro communities.
- We will use enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and spaces after use to reduce risk of transmission.
For additional details, information, and references, please review our COVID-19 Health & Safety Information page.
Our Covid-19 Cancellation Policy: Chewonki reserves the right to cancel, delay, substitute, or revise any program itinerary due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If Chewonki cancels programming prior to summer due to COVID we will refund tuition, including advance deposits. Families will be given an opportunity to have those funds carried over to 2022, obtain a refund, and/or donate a portion to Chewonki.
If your child is sent home after arriving at Chewonki COVID-free we will pro-rate and refund tuition paid from the date of departure. Families will be given an opportunity to have those funds carried over to 2022, obtain a refund, and/or donate a portion to Chewonki.